Friday, October 28, 2011

Two calls for the Accretionary Wedge

Dana over at En Tequila Es Verdad
posted  the call that is shown below.  I was wondering if we were going to have a Accretionary Wedge for this month.  Imagine my surprise to find out there's two call for posts.  I'm grateful she posted this information. Now I have to get to it.
  I'm debating how much trouble I should go to since I've had so much trouble with Blogger this week and have been avoiding it so that I don't destroy my computer.  Also I've been working in the pumpkin patch and haven't had time to get on the computer very much.
   I might not get to carving a pumpkin - I'm kind of sick of them right now because I've been working with them since the first week of Oct.  But I can share a pumpkin I worked with over the last couple of  weeks that got the kids going - oooh yuck. So now I'm going to try to see if Blogger will let me include the image.

This is so frustrating.  It didn't include the first image of the pumpkin I wanted but it did include the one I wanted of the patch itself. And it did include another image that I thought would be good to include also.
Pumpkin patch

 Here's another 'yuk' pumpkin.  This one will be kind of hard to carve, but its interesting and goolish in its own right and really doesn't need anything done to it.
Unusual looking pumpkin
As for the Barbie stuff I'm musing on that since I've never been one to own or play with Barbies.  I was always more interested in collecting and looking at rocks and playing in mud holes.

Accretionary Wedge: Deadlines Fast Approaching!

The Accretionary Wedge carnival’s starting November with two back-to-back kinda-Halloween-themed, um, themes. Posts are due soon, so you’d best scramble if you’re planning to wedge yourself in.
(Please forgive that last little joke. I know it wasn’t funny. I’m functioning on fractional amounts of sleep just now, and I think my sense of humor went to bed without me.)
Deadline November 1st: Dress Barbie Like a Geologist! Or any sort of scientist, really. And it doesn’t have to be a Barbie. In fact, since I haven’t got a doll, I might be doing a doll’s house sort of thing, if I can get my crap together. Those of you with children, or who have friends or relatives with children: steal a doll away from their toy chest. Rip it from their chubby little hands if you must! Sure, they’ll weep now, but wait until you return their dolly all scienced up. They’ll not only have the most awesome doll on the block, they’ll have inspiration for a future career doing something much more interesting than standing about in implausibly high heels in a shocking pink house with a horrid pink car in the driveway.
Deadline November 7th: Geo-Pumpkins! You were going to carve a pumpkin for Halloween anyway, right? Make it geo-riffic! You don’t even have to have a blog of your own for this one – Michael will host your pics for you.
Instructions for submissions are at the links above. Get crack-a-lackin’!

No comments:

Post a Comment